Thursday, May 12, 2011

La Risata @ Ampang, Kuala Lumpur


My second visit and I'm loving it! I usually leave the ordering to all my friends whenever we are out for dinner as I am not too particular and don't have too many favourites or "I don't eat"s.. But when it comes to my family, they would leave it all to me to make the order.

Tough one for me every time. So how I get by..? I hate making waiters wait.. I pick those with stars and thumbs on them! Works almost every time. If a star or thumbs up still make you pull a 'ewww' face, put your cutleries down, pay, leave and never return again.

In this case, nothing like that at all with La Risata!

complimentary warm bread with olives
Antipasti: con fontina e funghi MYR15
Toasted bread topped with mushroom and fontina cheese

Everything is just perfect. The bread is toasted just right on one side, cheese is of the right amount and the mushrooms are super juicy.

Another serve of antipasti misti again~
Ive had this before and I've ordered it again. To me, this has a great variety and a good one to share, though I don't really fancy pate, everyone else liked it much. I didn't note down the price of this, so correct me if I'm wrong. I think it was MYR42?

Insalata: insalata di rucola e zucca MYR18
 rocket salad, wood fired oven roasted pumpkin, pinenuts, ricotta cheese w balsamic vinegar dressing

Rocket has a very strong taste to it and not many will like it. The elders loved it though. It's the most favoured salad among the diners, as recommended by the waiter. The pumpkin was good.

 Pizza rosso : pizza pepperoni MYR25
 beef pepperoni tomato and mozzarella

I love the pizza! Fresh off the oven, the thin crust was the best I've ever had so far.
Prima piatti: Spaghetti alla risata MYR35

Mixed seafood in a hearty tomato sauce baked in foil

My second time having this too~. It has a slight 'oven' taste to it. Seafood's fresh and the pasta's baked to perfection.

Prima piatti: ravioli di pesce 28

 freshly made salmon ravioli in creamy salmon sauce

Might be a little too creamy for some, cos I realized quite a few of them laid off this a little after having some of it. But I'm a creamy person and I love it!! Salmon sauce is thick and so smooth, there were not bits of fish like I thought it would have. Still awesome. Thick on the sauce, and I feel that the ravioli is a little bit too thick on it's skin too. That was the only small downside.

Chef's special: gamberi al formo MYR48

oven baked fresh water prawn with garlic butter Parmesan cheese served with capellini, aglio olio and mushroom 
I thought those prawns were lobsters! But seriously, i thought this was a wrong order on our table. This became the star, only because the prawn was super tasty! On the other hand, the aglio olio was pretty bland, but it paired well with the tasty lobster looking prawn.
 
Secondi piatti di mare : zuppa di pesce

*half serving MYR38
for seafood lovers - huge serving of prawns squid mussel clam n fish in a rich tomato sauce with garlic chili and parsley

We ordered half serving for 8 pax, but that's enough for each couple to share a bowl only. One word - fresh. The sweetness in the tomato sauce was clearly from the fresh seafood. Lovely!
Panna cotta MYR12

smooth cream pudding with caramel sauce

Simple and best among the rest.

Crema cantalana napoletana MYR16

a trio of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry creme brûlée

The vanilla creme brûlée was still ok. But I was very disappointed with the chocolate and strawberry. It ought to stick to it's original flavor. Not only did the other two tasted weird, it's texture was horrible too.
Dolci: tiramisu MYR16
  
layers of Savoiardi biscuits soaked in espresso and filled with Italian mascarpone cream cheese

I would grade this espresso medium strong. Good amount to it, but it's unlike many other local tiramisu with a sweeter base. So if you do not favor coffee and find it bitter, this would not be your ideal dessert.


Torta do cioccolato MYR16

  flourless dark choc cake with a melting choc centre served with vanilla ice cream

I've had better. Nothing too great.

Overall, La Risata's ingredients and seafood are fresh which results to much of my personal satisfaction. Though on my last visit with Xen, we tried their steak but they are not the best at it. Meat is totally not their forte. Their desserts range have no highlights, and I think they are overpriced for their standards in desserts.

The rest of the couples agreed to good food that night and enjoyed the dinner with big smiles.

La Risata
16 Persiaran Ampang
55000 Kuala Lumpur
T: 03-42526269
E: info@la-risata.com
www.la-risata.com

No comments: