Friday, May 6, 2011

Papparich @ 3rd Mile Square : Cockroach in Soup

image from everydayfoodilove.com

Papparich - a booming 'kopitiam' [coffee shop] with better ambiance. Things on the menu are practically doubled compared to shoplot stalls. My all time favourite from Pappa is definitely Ipoh Kuey Teow Soup with Steamed Chicken. I'm sure a good handful would have their own favourite 'must order' in their menu too.  So what's yours?

Was waiting up for Alex to sign off some documents for my purchase [yay! forgot to mention that my home loan's approved!]. Weishen felt really hungry so I asked him to go ahead with his order first, while I'll wait for Alex to arrive before I make my order. He pointed excitedly to the waiter at my favourite. Laughing at his hungry face, I told him "I wanted that too, so imma order the same thing!"

When his bowl of kuey teow arrived, we each picked up a soup spoon.  To our horror.. something was swimming in it..

looked like a fried onion.. but no...

disgusting.. !!!!

before pressing the 'call' button, we both took out our phones immediately and snapped away. "Ey.. your finger's blocking.. excuse" we need evidence right.. :D

Such a disappointment for a place with usual ratings such as 4/5 for cleanliness from a good number of bloggers. The person in charge, a fairly young chinese man, came and cleared the bowl away, apologizing repetitively. I asked if he's going to serve us the same soup from the same big pot.  He said every bowl of soup served is cooked separately.. =___= yea right.. If you are professional enough, u would get rid of that pot of soup, scrap it off the menu for the day if the new pot of soup can't be ready in time to serve. right?? comon, you have so many other choices on your menu! Pappa's famous for variety wf..

As he served the new bowl of noodle in less than 5 minutes, I've already lost my appetite. A new soup, u think?? I ordered toasted bread for lunch instead. He proudly chirped in that he added extra chicken slices, complimentary for us. "You should be more careful. Other's might get sick eating stuff like that.. So we don't pay for this?" Weishen being really lenient.. "I'll give you a discount :)" he said..

-----*cricket sound*-----

What in the world is he thinking? All I had to do is just to send these pictures to The Star or some other papers, and make it as big as Sakae 'Roach' Sushi. "You mean we still have to pay for this??" Weishen asked.. "our ingredients are expensive", he replied with a wide ass smile... I would love to punch him in the face for such service. 

pay for THISSS???

I was very dissatisfied and I was nicely twitting and updating my fb status, while he stood still by our table for a short few seconds.. and he blurted,"actually this is a different kind of cockroach. it's not that dirty kind. It's the clean kind. And it's small."

SOOOOO???? SO WHAT IF IT'S SMALL??? WHAT'S A CLEAN COCKROACH??

20% discount wtf??? 10% service???

So, the man in charge of Papparich @ 3rd Mile Square, Old Klang Road had justified the size of that cockroach in our noodle should only deserve a 20% compensation.. like what.. MYR2.00 discount.. and it's stated there "complaint" WTF????? Its a freaking mistake of your own kitchen staff and you are not taking any responsibilities over it??? So.. if you ever find a huge ass cockroach in your food there, he might consider giving you 50% discount.

Seriously Pappa.. i think u should train your franchisers on providing better cleanliness and better service. It's only logic to do so. I've dined in a Japanese restaurant which I've complained that their bowls smell of cockroach.. No signs of it, and they didn't make me pay for my meal at all. Its not even a franchised title.. just a small restaurant..

What would happen to you if I just decided to be a bitch and vent this out to the papers? Well, I'll be nice but I'll never come back ever again. Paying for your cockroach kuay teow is like buying a ripped dress at 20% off.. buying a house at 20% off with broken windows.. buying a car 20% off with no rims and tyres.. Buying shoes at 20% off with no soles.. Buying lipstick at 20% off with a teeth mark on it.. ok i'll stop.. 

*cringe in disgust*

this was reposted from my personal blog, ecksie.. 

5 comments:

Syenn said...

ARGHHHHHHH.....no more pappa rich!!! Dammit...u have no idea how many meals i have had with Rj in that place!!!

Unknown said...

Even their chicken is not fresh.. you can judge by the color of the meat. lucky i only drink at pappa..

Anonymous said...

hahahha...for your info, wei shen is still alright..no stomachache or anything..just called him..haaha

Anonymous said...

Disgusting!!!! Cockroaches are dirty & disease-spreading insects.
I will put on end to my desire to this place any further.

Jessy Dom said...

Hi, I'm Australian. I love your blog, although I've never commented. Thank you for providing this useful information on food in Malaysia.