Monday, May 2, 2011

Mezze Bistro Wine & Bar

hooray~ my first official post in this blog~!

It was a spontaneous visit after a friend's surprise birthday party at Jake's. Medan Damansara has a significant row of restaurants which marks as a strong landmark along SPRINT highway. However, I've never made that effort to check out what's behind this lot all these years. I'm surprised they had this pretty and cozy jazz bar set right along one of the most busy highway. They have a Mediterranean restaurant on lower ground, which I am looking forward to try one day. Their menu has "to share" portions and they speak of many flavors and varieties which had interest me.

bar entrance on first floor
smoothest whisky i've tasted so far
dessert wine
I was a hard liquor person before but i'm leaning more towards wine these days. Not a pro in either one, but I feel more comfortable with wine consumption for the time being. Auchentoshan was the other few's regular and it was pretty good try for whisky. It tasted light and it doesn't have that choking whisky smell to it. The dessert wine which i vaguely remember at MYR160++ or so, was picked randomly and it turned out pretty good. Not too sweet, and it's something I could've definitely finish off on my own in a night.

good service
i'm particular with clean glasses and attentive service, and yes their glasses are squeaky clean. I've encountered lip stains and fingerprints on wine glasses -- total turn off. The place was filling out with noise and crowd quickly past 9.30pm but their service was consistent as they top up ice and water as soon as you run low.

intimate decor
The interior shares a good amount of wood with fabricated walls, softening the whole environment. The sound insulation was good within the space itself. It has a pretty high ceiling at the bar area but surprisingly the sound stayed good. Notice the first picture I posted at the top, it was actually red feature wall of liquors with blue light washing over it. Being an interior designer myself, I would've not consider such a combination but I was amazed how well this actually turned out.






They have different jazz bands playing on Fridays and Saturdays. Do check out their site at mezze.my under promotions. Band starts playing at 9.30pm. The space being constraint to a typical shoplot size, when the band starts playing, it was quiet hard to hear each other and we ended up talking loud. Pretty loud. I'm not  sure if we actually got in the way of some serious listeners.

wide variety of wine
The wide array of selections were arranged along one stretch of the wall, nicely lit with recessed lights. The halogen track lights was pretty warm that night but the waiters were so kind to question about our comfort and if it was too glaring. They adjusted the air conditioner and dimmed the lights. But the recessed lights from the lighted wine shelves got me wondering if they were nitrogen lights or not, as I have common knowledge of heat being able to ruin the taste of the wine? It gets pretty warm at times but it was still ok with a big crowd later into the night.

Overall, a fun place to get together and go tipsy over a few good drinksbut it's a little bit too loud for band nights maybe. So if it's ever a girls night out with gossips and never ending stories, this might not be the right place on fridays and saturdays.

No 132, Jalan Kasuh
Medan Damansara 50490
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
perin@mezze.my
603 2095 0122

Monday - Saturday 5pm - 1am
Closed on Sundays

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Xen ♥ said...

That dessert wine was so nice! You are right, we couldve easily finished off a bottle each.. wanna attempt? hehe